Anatomy Of Kimono

 To understand how to make a kimono/yukata, I researched the anatomy of said clothing. I drew it in my sketchbook and labelled every element. The photo of my sketch did not load properly on the blogger so I drew over it using CLIP STUDIO PAINT and a graphic tablet, to make it easier to read. This practice will help me in my further work so that I will be able to create a perfect piece for my project. 

Kimono, as I mentioned in my presentation (you can see it HERE) in one of the previous posts is one of the more important parts of Japanese culture. Its meaning in traditional events like tea making, hanami or funerals makes it a significant element of this region history. I decided to make it to show people a piece of this culture and as Japanese people appreciate foreign people wearing kimonos it was a good choice, so I would not offend anyone.

(digital drawing)


original drawing (poor quality)

Resources:
Ana Experience Class, 2019, 'The Anatomy of a Kimono', Ana Experience Class, available at: https://www.anaexperienceclass.com/the-anatomy-of-a-kimono/

Fashion Teach, 2014, 'Kimono Dress', Fashion Teach Blogspot,  available at: https://fashionteach.blogspot.com/2014/07/kimono-dress45.html



Comments

  1. While your drawing is interesting, don't you have more to say about the kimono, perhaps it's significance in Japanese culture and to your own project?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts